GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
THE SERVICE AGREEMENT (THE “AGREEMENT”) BY AND BETWEEN THE ENTITY OR PERSON NAMED AS THE “CUSTOMER” IN THE AGREEMENT AND FUTURI MEDIA, LLC, AN OHIO LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, TOGETHER WITH ITS AFFILIATED ENTITIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, PREP PLUS, LLC, AN OHIO LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY, FUTURI MEDIA USA AND FUTURI CANADA CORP., A BODY CORPORATE DULY INCORPORATED IN THE PROVINCE OF ALBERTA CANADA (COLLECTIVELY, “FUTURI” OR “COMPANY”), (WHICH AGREEMENT IS INCORPORATED INTO AND MADE A PART OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS) IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“TERMS AND CONDITIONS”). THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TAKE ABSOLUTE PRECEDENCE AND PREVALENCE OVER ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE CUSTOMER. EXECUTION OF THE AGREEMENT BY CUSTOMER AND/OR ANY ACCEPTANCE BY CUSTOMER OF SERVICES SHALL CONSTITUTE ASSENT BY THE CUSTOMER TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT CUSTOMER HAS READ AND UNDERSTANDS THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IN THE EVENT OF ANY INCONSISTENCIES BETWEEN THE AGREEMENT (OR ANY DOCUMENT ANCILLARY TO THE AGREEMENT) AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL CONTROL. FUTURI AND CUSTOMER EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT FUTURI MAY MODIFY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS FROM TIME TO TIME, AND SUCH MODIFICATIONS SHALL BE BINDING UPON THE CUSTOMER AS OF THE DATE OF SUCH MODIFICATIONS.
- DEFINITIONS. Capitalized terms not otherwise defined in these Terms and Conditions shall have the meanings ascribed to them in the Agreement.
- Affiliate: Affiliate means, with respect to either Futuri or Customer, any other entity which controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Futuri or Customer. The term “control” means the power, directly or indirectly, to direct or cause the direction of Futuri’s or Customer’s management and/or policies, whether through the ownership of voting securities, by contract, or otherwise.\
- Futuri: Futuri Media, LLC, an Ohio limited liability company, together with its Affiliates.
- Customer: The person, firm, corporation or other entity named as Customer in the Agreement, together, jointly and severally, with its Affiliates.
- Service or Services: Services and/or systems, as set forth in the Agreement, offered and provided to Customer by Futuri.
LIMITATIONS ON SERVICE
- Provision and Availability of Services: Futuri shall provide Customer with the Services for the prices or fees set forth in the Agreement. Customer shall be responsible for all shipping costs, sales and use taxes, customs, duties, and tariffs associated with the Services. Delivery dates are approximate. Futuri will not be liable for any delay in performance of the Agreement or delivery of the Services, or for any damages suffered by Customer by reason of delay. Delay in delivery shall not constitute nor justify Customer’s cancellation of the Agreement nor shall it affect or alter any other portion or section of these Terms and Conditions. In the event a delay is caused by Customer’s failure to furnish necessary information to Futuri, Futuri may extend the date of delivery of Services for a reasonable time in proportion to the period of Customer’s delay. Customer further agrees that the Services will not be exported, directly or indirectly, to any country in violation of any laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Act. Furthermore, the foregoing right is hereby granted to the Customer only to the extent such Customer’s indirect or direct use of the Services does not violate these Terms and Conditions. Upon such violation, the foregoing right of access and use shall terminate immediately and without the need for any action on the part of Futuri. The Customer shall not modify copy, reverse engineer, decompile, create derivative works, distribute, republish, commercially exploit, or upload any of the Services and/or the material on the Services without prior, written consent from Futuri. No intellectual property or other rights in and to the Services — other than the limited right to use set forth above — are transferred to the Customer. Futuri expressly reserves the right, at any time, to change or discontinue any content or feature of the Services or any services or goods made available through the Services without notice; charge fees in connection with the use of the Services; modify and/or waive any fees charged in connection with the Services; and/or offer opportunities to some or all Customers. The Customer expressly agrees that Futuri shall not be liable for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or of any service, content, feature or goods offered through the Services.
- Futuri’s Right to Suspend or Discontinue Services without Notice to Customer
- Degradation: Futuri may suspend or discontinue furnishing Services if the Customer uses or misuses Services in a manner that results, or could result, in degradations that adversely affect the Services furnished to Customer or to other existing or prospective customers of Futuri.
- Violation of Terms and Conditions or Agreement or Law: Futuri may suspend or discontinue the furnishing of Services if Customer uses, or threatens to use, Services for any unlawful purpose or otherwise violates the terms of the Agreement or these Terms and Conditions.
- Unlawful or Unauthorized Use: Futuri may suspend or discontinue the furnishing of Services when it deems it necessary to take such action to prevent the unlawful or unauthorized use of Services.
- Nonpayment for Services: Futuri may suspend or discontinue the furnishing of Services if the Customer fails or refuses to pay for Services in accordance with its obligations under the Agreement or any other agreement between Futuri and the Customer.
WARRANTIES AND STANDARDS FOR SERVICES
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: THE SERVICES AND ANY AND ALL RELATED SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, PLATFORMS, AND/OR SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS (TO THE EXTENT APPLICABLE), ARE PROVIDED TO THE CUSTOMER ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, AND FUTURI (ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT FUTURI DOES NOT WARRANT THAT ACCESS TO THE INTERNET, ANY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, PLATFORMS, AND/OR SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, ERROR-FREE OR VIRUS-FREE. THE FOREGOING IS AN ESSENTIAL PART OF THE AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND FORMS THE BASIS FOR DETERMINING THE PRICES SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT. CLIENT UNDERSTANDS FUTURI IS ABLE TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES AT THE PRICES SET FORTH IN THE AGREEMENT BECAUSE FUTURI HAS DISCLAIMED ALL WARRANTIES AND FUTURI’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED HEREUNDER AND THEREUNDER.
- LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY: FUTURI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FOR ANY CLAIMS, DEMANDS, SUITS, COSTS, EXPENSES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES), LOSSES, JUDGMENTS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES OR OBLIGATIONS, OF ANY KIND OR NATURE, ARISING IN ANY MANNER FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, AND/OR THE CUSTOMER’S USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES. FUTURI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR AND DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LOST PROFITS AND ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, WHETHER ARISING OUT OF THE SERVICES OR THE PERFORMANCE BY FUTURI UNDER THE AGREEMENT AND/OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS. FUTURI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DOWNTIME, INABILITY TO ACCESS THE INTERNET, ANY SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, PLATFORMS, AND/OR SERVER AND NETWORK COMPONENTS. IN THE EVENT OF TERMINATION FOR ANY REASON, FUTURI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO CUSTOMER FOR COMPENSATION, INDEMNIFICATION, REIMBURSEMENT OR DAMAGES ON ACCOUNT OF ANY LOSS OF PROSPECTIVE PROFITS OR ANTICIPATED SALES OR ON ACCOUNT OF EXPENDITURES, INVESTMENTS, LEASES, LICENSES OR COMMITMENTS MADE IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR THE ANTICIPATION OF EXTENDED PERFORMANCE THEREUNDER. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, IN THE EVENT THAT A COURT OF COMPETENT JURISDICTION DETERMINES FUTURI IS IN BREACH OF ANY PROVISION OF THE AGREEMENT OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR IS LIABLE TO CUSTOMER, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN ANY OTHER WAY UNDER THE AGREEMENT, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR PURSUANT TO ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION, THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY AND AMOUNT OF RECOVERABLE DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00). IN NO EVENT SHALL FUTURI HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIM IS BROUGHT IN TORT, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHER THEORY OF LAW OR EQUITY. FUTURI DOES NOT HAVE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, ANY DUTY TO VERIFY THIRD PARTY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY FUTURI TO CUSTOMER AND CUSTOMER HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ANY RELIANCE BY CUSTOMER ON ANY CONSULTATION INCLUDED IN OR WITH FUTURI’S SERVICES, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT INCLUDE THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, SHALL BE AT CUSTOMER’S SOLE RISK AND LIABILITY.
- Force Majeure Events: In no event shall Customer have any claim or right against Futuri for any failure of performance due to causes beyond Futuri’s control, including, but not limited to: acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, cable cut, storm, flood or other similar occurrences; any law, order, regulation, direction, action or request of the United States Government, or of any other government, including state and local governments having or claiming jurisdiction over Futuri or of any department, agency, commission, bureau, corporation, or other instrumentality of any federal, state, or local government, or of any civil or military authority; national emergencies; unavailability of materials or rights-of-way; insurrections; acts of terrorism; invasions by non-Earthlings; riots; wars; strikes; lock-outs, work stoppages or other labor difficulties; or supplier failures, shortages, breaches, or delays.
- Customer’s Failure to Fulfill Obligations: Futuri shall not be liable to Customer or to any third party for Customer’s failure to fulfill its obligations under the Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions, including, without limitation:
- Obtaining, installing and maintaining all necessary equipment, materials, and supplies for connecting Customer and its facilities, services, equipment or systems to Services;
- Ensuring that Customer and its facilities, services, equipment or systems interface properly with Services; and that the Services delivered to Customer are fully compliant with industry standards.
- Misuse of Service: Futuri shall neither provide credit allowances nor otherwise be liable for the use, misuse or abuse of Services by Customer, its agents, employees or any third parties including, without limitation, members of the public.
- Billing Errors: Futuri’s obligation with respect to any errors resulting in Customer overpayments for Services is limited to granting invoice credits equal to the dollar amounts erroneously billed. Under no circumstance will any billing error affect the Customer’s obligation to pay for Services rendered and used.
- Customer Acknowledgements, Representations, and Warranties: Customer acknowledges, understands and agrees that Futuri will provide the Services “AS IS” without any warranty or guaranty, express or implied. Customer represents and warrants, by entering into the Agreement and accepting the Services from Futuri, that: (i) If Customer is an entity, Customer is a legal entity duly organized and existing, and is in good standing, under the laws of jurisdiction of its organization; (ii) Customer’s execution, delivery, and performance of the Agreement has been duly authorized by all appropriate corporate action on the part of Customer, and the Agreement, together with these Terms and Conditions, constitutes a valid and binding obligation of Customer enforceable against it in accordance with its terms and these Terms and Conditions; (iii) there is no outstanding or threatened order, writ, injunction, or decree of any court, governmental agency, or arbitration tribunal against Customer that affects, involves, or relates to its performance under the Agreement and these Terms and Conditions; (iv) Customer is not insolvent, as that term is defined in Ohio Revised Code § 1301(B)(23) of the Uniform Commercial Code and, in the event that Customer becomes insolvent at any time during the Term, it will promptly notify Futuri in writing; (v) Customer will use the Services solely as authorized in the Agreement or these Terms and Conditions and in accordance with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, all laws relating to communications, intellectual property, and data privacy; and (vi) Customer remains solely responsible for all content created by Customer and any acts or omissions by Customer. Customer understands that, to the extent applicable, all or a portion of any third-party content aggregated by the Services may be copyrighted or subject to other intellectual property protections.
- Third Party Acknowledgements by Customer. Customer acknowledges that certain Services may access or use YouTube API Services. Customer acknowledges, understands, and agrees that, by using the Services, Customer may be using YouTube API Services and, therefore, Customer agrees to be bound by YouTube’s Terms of Service set forth at https://www.youtube.com/t/terms.
- Indemnification: The Customer shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Futuri and its affiliates, partners, directors, officers, employees, representatives, and their successors in interest and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all losses, damages, or expenses of whatever form or nature, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs of legal defense, whether direct or indirect, that they, or any of them, may sustain or incur as a result of (i) any act or omission of the Customer; (ii) a breach by Customer of any representation, warranty, and/or agreement with any Indemnified Party; (iii) failure by Customer to pay any and all applicable taxes, customs, duties, tariffs, and the like arising from the transactions set forth in these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement; (iv) any and all corrupt data, viruses, malware, or security breaches directly or indirectly introduced by the Customer or resulting from the Customer’s failure to take commercially reasonable measures to prevent the same; (v) a violation by Customer (any of its officers, directors, employees or agents) of any applicable law, regulation, or order of the United States or any other applicable government or quasi-governmental authority; and/or (vi) any claim that Customer property or any portion thereof infringes or misappropriates any third party patents, copyrights, trademark, and/or intellectual property or other proprietary rights. The indemnification obligations under this Section shall continue indefinitely.
- Procedure: If a third party makes a claim against an Indemnified Party, the Indemnified Party will promptly notify the Customer in writing no later than sixty (60) days after receipt of such notification of a potential claim. The Customer may assume sole control of the defense of such claim and all related settlement negotiations. The Indemnified Party will provide, at no additional cost to the Indemnified Party, the assistance, information and authority necessary to assist the Customer in its obligations. Customer may not settle any such matter without the prior written consent of the Indemnified Party as to any settlement that imposes an obligation on, or requires any admission by, the Indemnified Party. Failure of the Indemnified Party to promptly notify the Customer will not relieve the Customer of its obligations except to the limited extent such delay materially prejudices the Customer.
- Commencement of Relationship and Provision of Services: The execution of an Agreement by Customer and acceptance thereof by Futuri establishes the respective rights and obligations of the parties. If there is no executed Agreement but Customer nevertheless uses Services, Customer is deemed to have consented to all terms of the Agreement, including these Terms and Conditions and any documents incorporated therein by reference. To the extent necessary, Customer shall allow Futuri, its agents, and/or contractors reasonable access to Customer’s premises to facilitate provision of Services, maintenance, testing, repair and termination of Services, including the retrieval of Futuri property used to provide Services.
- Conditional Use of Services: Without the prior written consent of Futuri, Customer may not: (a) use any service mark or trademark of Futuri or its Affiliates, including those licensed to Futuri or its Affiliates, or (b) refer to Futuri or any of its Affiliates in connection with any service or product, promotional offering, or publication of the Customer.
- Notice of Claims and Problems: Customer shall immediately notify Futuri in writing upon its receipt of any information that might adversely affect Futuri, including, but not limited to, notices of any claims or proceedings that involve Service, and Customer promptly shall notify Futuri of any problem relating to Services or Service performance and reasonably cooperate with Futuri in repairing the problem with the Services.
- Additional Services: Customer may request additional Service(s) from Futuri, which Futuri, in its sole discretion, may agree to provide pursuant to a separate instrument, a rider or addendum to the Agreement, or an amended and restated Agreement.
- Confidentiality: Futuri may provide to the Customer from time to time or the Customer may have access to Futuri’s Confidential Information. “Confidential Information” shall mean Futuri’s trade secrets (defined as information, including the whole or any portion or phase of any scientific or technical information, design, process, procedure, formula, pattern, compilation, program, device, method, technique, or improvement, or any business information or plans, financial information, or listing of names, addresses, or telephone numbers, that satisfies both of the following: (i) it derives independent economic value, actual or potential, from not being generally known to, and not being readily ascertainable by proper means by, other persons who can obtain economic value from its disclosure or use; and (ii) it is the subject of efforts that are reasonable under the circumstances to maintain its secrecy), know‑how, inventions, ideas, discoveries, developments, processes, formulas, diagrams, drawings, designs, software, applications, source and object codes, data, programs, improvements, techniques, product data and specifications, test results, and other technical information, Futuri’s products and services and the products and services of its customers and prospective customers; (iii) information concerning Futuri’s business and/or the business of its customers and prospective customers, including plans for research, development, and new products, cost information, profits, sales information, accounting and financial information, business plans, markets and marketing methods, advertising strategies, customer lists and customer information, purchasing techniques, supplier lists and supplier information; and (iv) information concerning Futuri’s employees, including their compensation and skills. Except as expressly permitted herein, Customer shall not disclose any Confidential Information to any third party or use any of the Confidential Information for any purpose, except as is necessary to perform its obligations or exercise its rights as set forth herein or in the Agreement. Confidential Information shall not include any information that: (i) corresponds in substance to information developed by Customer without reference to the Confidential Information or can be demonstrated by Customer to be in the Customer’s possession prior to receipt of the same from Futuri; (ii) now is or hereafter becomes publicly known through no fault of the Customer; or (iii) otherwise lawfully becomes available to the Customer from a third party not known by the Customer to be under an obligation of confidentiality to Futuri. Upon termination of the Agreement, all Confidential Information and other information shall be returned or destroyed promptly upon request, no copies thereof shall be retained by Customer, and Customer shall not thereafter utilize such information in any respect or for any purpose whatsoever.
- Intellectual Property: Other than the limited license expressly granted by the Agreement, Customer shall have no rights with respect to any of Futuri’s existing or subsequently-acquired or developed Intellectual Property, as defined below, rights or trade secrets or Confidential Information of Futuri, and Customer hereby acknowledges that it shall not acquire any rights in respect thereof and that all such trade secrets and Confidential Information are and shall remain vested in or controlled by Futuri. “Intellectual Property” for purposes of these Terms and Conditions means (i) patents, patent applications, provisional applications, patent disclosures, including all ideas, inventions and improvements disclosed therein, and all reissues, continuations, continuations in part, divisions and reexaminations thereof; (ii) trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, logos, slogans, domain names, including all goodwill appurtenant thereto, and all registrations and applications for registrations thereof and all renewals and extensions thereof; (iii) copyrights and mask works and all registrations and applications for registration thereof; (iv) computer software, software applications and platforms, websites, disks, disk drives, data, data bases and user documentation and audio visuals, domain names, and text materials; (v) all trade secrets, research and development materials, processes, procedures, know how, ideas discoveries, inventions, customer lists, supplier lists, formulas, drawings and designs, technical data, marketing, financial and business plans; (vi) advertising materials currently or in the future utilized by the Futuri; and (vii) copies and tangible embodiments thereof (in whatever form or medium), and related documentation and goodwill. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Futuri owns the exclusive right, title and interest and into all of Futuri’s Intellectual Property. Customer shall not at any time during the Term and any time thereafter do or permit to be done any act or thing which impairs or may impair the rights of Futuri with respect to Futuri’s Intellectual Property. Customer will never represent that it has any ownership in any of Futuri’s Intellectual Property. Customer expressly agrees that all of the use and goodwill of the Intellectual Property shall inure to the sole benefit of Futuri.
- Injunctive Relief: The parties hereby acknowledge and agree that the extent of damages in the event of a breach of the restrictive covenants contained in these Terms and Conditions may be difficult or impossible to ascertain and that there may be no adequate remedy at law in the event of any such breach. Consequently, in the event of such breach, the non-breaching party shall be entitled, in addition to any other remedies it may have at law, to seek an injunction or other equitable relief to enforce any or all of the covenants contained in these Terms and Conditions. The breaching party expressly waives (i) the defense that a remedy in damages will be adequate and (ii) any requirement in an action for specific performance or injunction for the posting of a bond.
- Reservation of Remedies: The rights, powers and remedies that may be given or reserved to the parties by these Terms and Conditions and the Agreement shall be cumulative and in addition to all other and further remedies provided by law. These Terms and Conditions and the Agreement shall not be construed to deprive the parties of any other rights, powers and other remedies otherwise given by law or at equity. No delay or failure by Futuri in exercising any right or remedy and no partial or single exercise of such right or remedy shall constitute a waiver by Futuri of such right or any other rights in these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement. No consent by Futuri to a breach of any express or implied term of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement shall constitute a consent to any prior or subsequent breach of the same or any other term.
BILLING AND PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- Customer Responsibility for Payment: Customer shall pay Futuri for Services at the rates and frequencies set forth in the Agreement.
- Service Start Date: Futuri will notify Customer when Services are available for use.
- Taxes: Service rates and charges are exclusive of all taxes, fees, tax-related surcharges and tax-like surcharges. Customer shall promptly pay any and all applicable sales and use taxes, customs, duties, and tariffs on the Services provided by Futuri to Customer.
- Late Payment Fee on Past Due Amounts: Except as expressly provided otherwise, invoices not paid in full by the due date will be past due and subject to an additional charge equal to the lesser of a one- and one-half percent (1.5%) per month late payment fee or the maximum monthly rate permitted by law on past due balances.
- Credit Balances on Closed Accounts: It a Customer whose account for Service has been closed has a credit balance owing, Futuri will transfer the credit balance to another account of the Customer, if there is one, or will mail a check for the credit balance owed to the Customer if Futuri believes it has a valid and current address for the Customer. If Futuri is not certain it has a valid and current address for the Customer, it will include a notice in the final invoice mailed to the Customer’s last known address according to Futuri’s records, asking that the Customer verify the address so Futuri can mail a check for the credit balance owing, or it will write to the Customer at that address and request Customer verification of the address. Verification may be achieved by a Customer calling a designated telephone number or writing to a specified address. Upon receiving verification, a check for the credit balance owing will be mailed to Customer. If the final invoice or the notification letter is returned to Futuri by the post office as undeliverable, or if no Customer response is received within thirty (30) days of the mailing of the final invoice or the notification letter, Futuri may apply a closed account maintenance charge of $5.00 per month beginning in the second monthly billing period following the month in which the account was closed. This charge will apply until either the Customer requests a refund in writing or the credit balance owed is exhausted.
- Recovery of Collection Costs: Unless otherwise prohibited by law, Customer shall reimburse Futuri for any costs incurred by Futuri in undertaking any collection activity, including, but not limited to, the reimbursement of reasonable attorneys’ fees.
- Consequences of Termination. Termination of the Agreement in accordance with the foregoing provisions will not affect (i) the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to invoices issued by Futuri prior to the effective date of the termination, (ii) the rights and obligations of the parties with respect to intellectual property rights, confidentiality, indemnification non-competition, non-circumvention, non-solicitation, and governing law of the parties as set forth herein, or (iii) terminate liabilities arising out of conduct prior to the actual date of termination. Otherwise, all rights and obligations of the parties shall cease to exist upon termination of the Agreement. In the event any amount due from Customer to Futuri remains unpaid upon termination of the Agreement, Customer irrevocably authorizes Futuri to sell any and all goods of the Customer in possession of Futuri and in all other property of Customer in Futuri’s possession anywhere in the world, by any and all methods, manners and media, including, without limitation, by digital marketing and internet sales. Customer acknowledges and agrees that Futuri and/or Futuri’ affiliates or representatives may sell such goods and property of the Customer in accordance with terms and conditions as Futuri determines from time to time in its sole discretion, including, without limitation, purchase price, payment terms, and/or shipping terms. Futuri is irrevocably authorized to bill, invoice and collect all sales proceeds from the sale of such goods and property of the Customer by Futuri, its affiliates and representatives. Upon satisfying any and all amounts due and owed to Futuri by Customer, including costs and expenses incurred in selling such goods and property and collecting upon such sales, Futuri shall pay the excess proceeds, if any, to Customer.
- Termination Not Exclusive Remedy: Any remedy provided to Futuri shall not be construed to be an exclusive remedy and shall not deprive Futuri of its ability to pursue other available remedies. The parties agree that Futuri’s damages in the event of Service cancellation or termination would be difficult or impossible to ascertain and, therefore, any early cancellation or termination charges invoiced to Customer by Futuri are intended to serve as liquidated damages rather than penalties.
- Return of Equipment: In the event that the Agreement is terminated for any reason, Customer shall return any and all Futuri equipment to Futuri in good operating condition within thirty (30) days from the date of such termination. In the event that Futuri does not receive said equipment in good working condition, within thirty (30) days from the date of such termination, Customer agrees to immediately pay Futuri Two Thousand Four Hundred and 00/100 Dollars as liquidated damages for failure to timely return Futuri equipment in good working condition. In the event that Futuri has to engage an outside third-party collection service or attorney to recover the equipment, the Customer agrees that the Customer shall be responsible for payment of any such collection fees.
- Relationship among Futuri. Customer and Third Parties: Neither party nor any other agents or employees, officers, directors, managers, shareholders or members of such party shall be deemed a representative or agent of the other, nor shall either party hold itself out as a representative or agent of the other beyond the scope of the Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions, and, neither party shall have any right or authority to conduct any business in the name of, or for the account of or on behalf of the other party. The parties hereto agree and understand that, solely with respect to the Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions, Futuri will be and act as an independent contractor of Customer, Customer and Futuri are separate entities and that there is no master/servant, partnership, joint venture, principal/agent, or employer/employee relationship between the parties.
- Severability: Should any part, portion, or provision of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement be held invalid, illegal, void or unenforceable, the remainder of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement or the application of such provision shall not be affected thereby and each provision of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement shall be valid and enforced to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Choice of Law and Venue: The Agreement and these Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio applicable to contracts made and wholly performed in such state without regard to choice or conflicts of law principles. The Agreement and these Terms and Conditions shall be deemed to have been entered into at Cleveland, Ohio, U.S.A., regardless of the place or places of signing by the parties hereto or the order of their signing. Customer hereby irrevocably and unconditionally submits, for itself and its property, to the exclusive jurisdiction of any Ohio State Court or Federal Court sitting in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, in any action or proceeding arising out of or relating to the Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions. Customer agrees that a final judgment in any such action or proceeding shall be conclusive and may be enforced in other jurisdictions by suit on the judgment or in any other manner provided by law.
- Non-exclusive Dealing: The Agreement is non-exclusive. Nothing shall prevent Futuri from entering into similar arrangements with, or otherwise providing Services to, any other person or entity.
- No Waiver: No waiver of any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement shall be binding unless made in writing and signed by the waiving party. The failure of either party to insist on the strict enforcement of any provision of these Terms and Conditions and/or the Agreement shall not be deemed to constitute a waiver of the provision, and all terms and conditions herein and/or therein shall remain in full force and effect.
- Amendments. Unless otherwise set forth in the Agreement or in these Terms and Conditions, no modifications, additions, or amendments to the Agreement shall be effective unless made in writing as an addendum to the Agreement and signed by duly authorized representatives of both parties.
- Assignment. Customer shall not assign or transfer the Agreement, in whole or in part, whether by means of merger, reorganization, combination, sale of assets, change of control, operation of law or otherwise, without Futuri’s prior written consent (which may be withheld in Futuri’s sole and absolute discretion), and any assignment or attempt to do so without such consent will be void and of no effect. The Agreement, together with these Terms and Conditions will only inure to the benefit of the parties to the Agreement and their respective permitted successors and assigns, and, except as expressly set forth in the Agreement and/or these Terms and Conditions, there are no third-party beneficiaries to the Agreement or these Terms and Conditions.
- Notices. All notices, requests, directions, approvals or other communications to be provided in the Agreement or these Terms and Conditions will be in writing and will be deemed to have been sufficiently given (i) upon receipt if delivered in person; (ii) upon delivery if by an internationally-recognized mail service (e.g., FedEx), overnight courier, or certified or registered mail, postage pre-paid, return receipt requested; or (iii) on the date transmitted if by email; provided that the original will promptly follow by internationally-recognized mail service or overnight courier. All notices will be sent to the applicable party at the address(es) on the signature page of the Agreement (or as otherwise instructed in writing by such party).