TopLine Business Acumen Series Digest: March 28, 2022 edition

This week’s most engaging stories

TopLine’s Business Acumen Series features business trends and opportunities to help sales professionals prospect and engage clients. It’s updated several times daily within TopLine. This digest features some of the week’s top stories.

Care Delays Caused Worsening Health for Many Americans

According to civicscience.com, 23% of surveyed consumers said they are somewhat unhealthy or not very healthy at all. The number of unhealthy respondents jumped by 41% between Q1 2019 and Q1 2022. 27% of surveyed consumers said they or someone in their household had to delay or cancel a surgery or medical procedure because of the pandemic, and 1 in 4 of those said they are still waiting to have the procedure or surgery done.  More consumers with chronic conditions suffered negative health issues because of care delays.

How can you help healthcare providers reach consumers with chronic conditions who need extra care? How can healthcare providers increase patients who’ve been delaying necessary care?

Latest Resources from TopLine

TopLine is constantly updated with assets on emerging trends and opportunities. At any time, you can submit a request for new custom research, or download Instant Positioning pieces on current topics for use in direct outreach and on your socials. Some recent pieces follow; TopLine users can access them at any time. Not a TopLine user? Click here to learn how TopLine can help you close more sales.

Many Employees in the U.S Worry About Saving for Retirement

Principal found in a recent poll of U.S. employees that only around 50% thought they would have enough money left over for retirement, although 7 in 10 said this was a major goal. Insurance companies themselves weren’t too optimistic either. Around 40% of providers said that employees were doing ok when it came to saving for retirement -the other 60% did not agree with this.

Inflation and medical expenses can make saving for retirement daunting. However, working at a company with a solid benefits package could help here. Betterment reports that 65% of employees say they would consider changing jobs in order to receive better retirement benefits at a different company.

Do you know any companies that are hiring? Can they promote their retirement package as a unique selling point?

Mobile Shopping Continues to Grow

According to a Mobile Shopping Report, nearly seven in 10 consumers are shopping more now with their phones compared to two years ago. Gen Z and Millennials are driving this shift.

“However, mobile shopping has become an omnichannel activity, with almost seven in 10 (68%) U.S. consumers using their mobile devices to research products while shopping in physical stores. Consumers are most likely to research products via their phones in-store when shopping for electronics (85%), followed by entertainment (79%) and clothing & shoes (78%),” said Chain Store Age.

How can you help local businesses optimize their mobile app?

During the Pandemic, Women Became More Active Outside

Recent years have seen the rise of women getting into outdoor activities, like hiking. During the pandemic, outdoor participants were more female, younger, ethnically diverse, and urban residents. Sales have reflected this shift. Hiking boots saw a 28% increase last year, and women’s hiking boots more than doubled the men’s rate. Brands like Merrell are taking notice and beginning to produce more women’s focused marketing in 2022 and partnering with brands that serve this newer demographic.

How are stores and companies focusing on drawing in more female shoppers?

Knowledge is power. Stay informed and ahead of the competition with TopLine.

Reach out today to learn how TopLine, the sales enablement system that uses AI, qualitative and quantitative research, and strong visuals to advance every stage of the sales process, can help you close more deals and increase sales team productivity by up to 20%.