As radio turns 100 this year, we’re more thankful for the role it plays in our lives than ever. Here are nine (of the many!) ways we’re thankful for radio today. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
Radio brings local communities together.
Radio brands know their audiences so very well. The local news, sports, health information, promotions, and more that they deliver on-air, on socials, on their websites, and in their podcasts play a vital role in their communities.
Radio is free, 24/7, 365.
One constant over radio’s 100 years: Listeners can access local radio content at no cost to them. Paywalled or subscription content is interesting and appeals to many, but having the core radio product remain free and available to all without requiring expensive devices is one of the many reasons radio has remained important to the communities it serves.
Radio doesn’t go offline or require wifi.
Other than the rare and brief moments of dreaded dead air, radio is always there for you. When the power goes out, radio is still there. When the internet goes down, radio is still there. When your device isn’t working, radio is still on the air.
Radio provides choices — but not an overwhelming number of choices.
Over time, one cultivates their group of presets or go-to radio brands that they rotate through as their mood or situation changes. You don’t need to scroll through 1,000 stations or put the work into cultivating a playlist. Radio brands work hard to provide content their listeners want to
Radio creates memories.
Think about the heritage brands you grew up listening to. Chances are that you have memories of those brands that are like comfort food for the brain that simply can’t be replaced or recreated with another medium. Many of today’s radio brands are embracing digital methods to create those same types of memories with younger audiences.
Radio highlights local businesses.
Local advertisers + great copy and production = yet another way radio plays a unique, irreplaceable role in its communities.
Radio keeps you in the know.
No other medium can match the speed, accuracy, and trustworthiness of radio brands when it comes to delivering the big news you want to know about. Whether it’s updates on your favorite local sports teams, weather alerts, bad traffic alerts, celebrity life events, or any number of other topics, you’ll frequently hear it first from a station’s broadcast or mobile app notification. Futuri partners WSB in Atlanta and KRMG in Tulsa are two brands that do this particularly well.
Radio personalities are like trusted friends.
You come to look forward to your favorite personalities’ takes on what’s happening in the world just about every day. Personalities that are great about maintaining an ongoing relationship with their audience make their key content available on-demand for those days when you just can’t listen live, or go deeper with original podcast content. Some of our favorites are The Dave Ryan Show on 101.3 KDWB in Minneapolis, Greg & The Morning Buzz on Rock 101 WGIR-FM in Manchester and 100.3 WHEB in Portsmouth, and Dave & Chuck the Freak on 101 WRIF in Detroit.
Radio is made up of incredible people in front of and behind the mic.
While personalities play a big role in what makes radio special, there are so many passionate people working in all aspects of the business. From Programming to Sales to Production to Marketing to Traffic to Digital and more, radio professionals are a truly special breed.
With Futuri solutions, you’ll never need to worry about your content being stale, hard to find, or time-consuming to produce. With easy-to-use technology that’s been proven to deliver Nielsen-verified ratings growth, Futuri gives you the magic touch.
- Enhance your ratings performance: Get ahead of your competition with Futuri tools specifically designed to deliver proven ratings growth.
- Enhance your insights: Never lose the attention of your audience or sponsor. Get them leaning in with access to AI that tells you exactly what your audience wants to hear at the moment.
- Enhance your abilities: Your team will operate up to 40% more efficiently with Futuri solutions that automate time-consuming tasks and simplify content production.
Futuri arms your sales team with AI-powered tools and insights that help close more deals and increase sales team productivity by up to 20%. You’ll have a magical edge on your competition.
- Expand your opportunities: Never lose a deal with more persuasive sales stories to close more business. Futuri solutions helped deliver $125 million in revenue for our partners last year.
- Expand your client base: Uncover new prospects and open doors with the “right” prospects when they’re more likely to buy.
- Expand your capabilities: Earn more money from each client as Futuri insights shift your team to a solutions-based approach to how best to help clients achieve their business goals.
A large audience is good, but an engaged audience delivers higher ratings and higher revenues. Futuri’s solutions magically solve your audience engagement challenges using AI and content that has more than doubled audience for some Futuri partners.
- Engage intelligently: The Futuri team arms you with up-to-the-minute insights into how your audience’s habits are evolving so you can execute strategies to keep them engaged in their new normal.
- Engage efficiently: With social content matched to what’s relevant to your specific target audience, you’ll create digital marketing opportunities at a fraction of the cost of traditional methods like outdoor.
- Engage everywhere: Getting your content on the platforms that will deliver the highest ROI is quick and easy with Futuri solutions.