LDR Holiday Ideas
Thanksgiving Family Food Fight
Use LDR’s stylized voting Food Fight web widget to let listeners pick the music you play on Thanksgiving. Pre-promote with a grocery store or food bank sponsor and make a big deal on the air about the cool look on your website where voting for your favorite song keeps the food fight going.
Christmas/Holiday Upick Voting
Set up UPick voting sessions whenever your station is going to play a Christmas/holiday song. The LDR Module display for UPick voting sessions looks great on any website. Up the engagement by using Stylized voting that displays the Snowman vs. Santa Snowball Fight. Use the automated posts to Facebook to increase listener engagement as your voting sessions start. Maximise your promotional inventory by adding a mention for other station holiday related contesting/promotions when you announce these voting sessions.
The Duel of the Yule
Use UPick voting sessions to let listeners to vote for which version of a Christmas or Holiday song they like better. Examples:
- “O Holy Night” – Weezer or Kelly Clarkson
- “White Christmas” – Bing Crosby or Lady Gaga
- “The Christmas Song” – Nat King Cole or Blake Shelton
- “I’ll Be Home For Christmas” – Johnny Mathis or Pentatonix
The Tinsel Takeover
If your station doesn’t go 100% holiday programming, an all-holiday music LDR takeover every night or weekend during the season is a great way to add that spirit to your station in an interactive fashion. Load up a playlist of favorites and big hits sprinkled with rare versions, and get listeners voting for their favorites.
Suggested copy template: IT’S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR TO TAKE OVER THE HOLIDAY MUSIC ON (STATION!) WHETHER YOU’RE STUCK IN SHOPPING TRAFFIC, BUYING GIFTS ONLINE OR HOSTING FRIENDS FOR A GLASS OF HOLIDAY CHEER, YOU GET TO CHOOSE THE CHRISTMAS MUSIC DURING (STATION)’S TINSEL TAKEOVER, STARTING AT 7 TONIGHT. FROM BIG HOLIDAY FAVORITES TO SOME REALLY COOL RARE VERSIONS OF CHRISTMAS MUSIC YOU’LL LOVE, CHECK OUT THE TINSEL TAKEOVER PLAYLIST RIGHT NOW AT (WEBSITE) AND VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE SONGS OF THE SEASON.
The Ghost of Christmas Past, Present or Future
UPick voting sessions that feature a three-song voting session where holiday songs that represent the Ghost of Christmas Past, Christmas Present, and Christmas Future. Examples:
- Christmas Past: Artists like Bing Crosby, Gene Autry, or The Ronettes.
- Christmas Present: Christmas songs released in the last few years, like Pentatonix, John Legend, or Brett Eldredge.
- Christmas Future: Songs from brand-new 2019 holiday releases that are likely to be played for years to come, like Idina Menzel or Chicago.
New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day
The New Year’s Top 100
Let listeners know your station will be counting down the top 100 (or any number that works for you) songs, influenced by their votes, on New Year’s Eve. Spend the lead-up to New Year’s Eve soliciting listeners to vote for what songs they think should be in the top 100 on the page where your LDR module is located. Then, in Control Room, access the results in the Interactive Song Ratings section. Listeners never see this list, so you still retain 100% control of your top 100 list.
- Open the voting for the Top 100 early so that you can increase website visits over a longer period of time. This is also a great way to give sponsors weeks of presence in a programming event that can become part of the fabric of your station’s image.
- Have your DJ share bits of the current standings daily, as well as count down the number of days left to vote, to drive listener engagement.
- Have a contest where listeners guess which song will be #1, or which songs will be in the top three, and put a link on your LDR page. Correct guesses qualify for a big prize.
- Close the voting a few days before you play back the Top 100 as you’ll need some time to get those songs ordered for playback in your music scheduling software.
- If your station has #engage/LDR consider using Social Triggers, with a link to your LDR Module, to encourage voting.
- Adjust the copy in your Song Alert Templates to include a link for voting as well.
- Playback the Top 100 on New Year’s Eve and even a few times on New Year’s Day.
Holiday Song Alert Templates
Change and update the text in Song Alert Templates to match the season:
- For all Holiday music stations: “The sound of the season is on (market)’s official station for the season! (Title) by (artist) plays in a few minutes on (station.)”
- For stations that don’t play Holiday music: “If you love the season but were over the music that goes with it weeks ago, good news! (title) by (artist) is about to play on (station.)”
- Just after New Year’s: If your New Year’s Resolution is to sing out loud to (title) by (artist) everytime it plays on (station), get ready! It’s on (station) in a few minutes!”
Change the colors of your LDR Module to match the season
Black and Orange for Halloween, Red and Green for Christmas, Red White and Blue for The 4th of July, etc. You could even change the colors to match an artist like all Purple for a Prince tribute, Pink for P!nk, etc.
Customize your LDR Module’s Messaging
Change/Add/Update the custom text in the voting session title, subtitle and session in Control Room, so the banners and displays in your LDR module match the creative name you’ve given your voting sessions.
Have your own holiday idea or need help getting started?
Log in to Control Room to get started!
- For more ideas, contact Partner Success at firstname.lastname@example.org
- For technical set-up, contact Futuri VIP Support is here to answer questions 24/7. Just contact us at VIPSupport@futurimedia.com or 877.221.7979 x1