Using LDR’s UPick Song Voting Sessions to Turbocharge Cumulus Programming
Using LDR’s UPick Song Voting sessions to engage your listeners is as easy as 1-2-3:
- It takes a one time setup of the LDR voting commands in your music scheduler. You can then choose which songs listeners can vote on, we recommend 2-5 songs per session.
- When the UPick voting session is live, the LDR page on your website (which can also be integrated into your mobile app) displays information on the songs in the voting session, as well as current results.
- When it’s time for the winning song to play, it stays visible in OpX, and the losing songs will be automatically deleted without any action on your part.
Easy ways to use LDR to make your programming more interactive:
Do you run syndicated weekend countdown shows, like American Country Countdown with Kix Brooks or The Daly Download with Carson Daly’s This Weeks’ Top 30? Try this Last Week’s Top 3 concept to promote the name brands of these big shows and their superstar hosts while making this programming more interactive for your listeners.
- Request production shells with VO from the show’s hosts to create a LDR UPick Song Voting session using the top three songs from last week’s countdown.
- Suggested copy template: HI I’M KIX BROOKS FROM AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN ON (STATION.) THIS WAS LAST WEEK’S #3 COUNTRY SONG IN THE NATION (song hook), NUMBER TWO (song hook), AND LAST WEEK’S NUMBER ONE! (song hook)…WHICH ONE IS YOUR FAVORITE? VOTE RIGHT NOW AT (WEBSITE/MOBILE APP) ‘CAUSE WE’RE PLAYING ONE OF LAST WEEK’S TOP THREE SONGS IN 15 MINUTES ON (STATION) I’LL SEE YOU ON THE RADIO, RIGHT HERE ON (STATION, DAY/TIME) TO SEE WHO GETS THE TOP SPOT IN COUNTRY MUSIC ON THE AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN
Make sure to have the host record VO work part you can use to build three versions of winning song introductions.
- Suggested copy template: THE VOTES ARE IN AND (STATION’S) LISTENERS HAVE SPOKEN! IT WAS THE #1 SONG ON LAST WEEKEND’S AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN AND IT’S #1 TODAY IN (MARKET!) THANKS FOR VOTING ON THE MUSIC AT (WEBSITEMOBILE APP.) I’M KIX BROOKS, SEE YA THIS WEEKEND AT (DAY/TIME) ON AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN ON (STATION.)
- THE VOTES ARE IN AND (STATION’S) LISTENERS HAVE SPOKEN! IT WAS THE #2 SONG ON LAST WEEKEND’S AMERICAN COUNTRY COUNTDOWN BUT IT’S #1 TODAY IN (MARKET!)
Morning show UPicks
Have your morning show introduce a relevant pop culture topic, or use an ongoing theme or benchmark that can easily segue into two or more of the show’s hosts sharing what song they think best fits that content. Launch a UPick voting session that features each host’s song choice. Keep the voting open a little longer for this one so the listeners can hear updates on which song is winning and for the hosts to brag, throw shade, etc.
Concert ticket contesting
Suggested copy template: BE CALLER 9 WHEN YOU HEAR SHAWN MENDES PLAY AT :15 AFTER EVERY HOUR TODAY ON (STATION!) WE’LL EVEN LET YOU PICK THE SHAWN MENDES SONG WE PLAY, VOTE NOW AT (WEBSITE/MOBILE APP.)
Artist of the day features
Suggested copy template: (Into Spots) KATY PERRY IS THE (STATION) ARTIST OF THE DAY AND THAT MEANS YOU GET TO PICK THE KATY PERRY SONG WE’LL START EVERY (STATION BRANDED MUSIC SWEEP) WITH! VOTE NOW AT (WEBSITE/MOBILE APP.)
Music sweep kickoffs
Suggested copy template: (STATION NAME) IS THE ONLY STATION IN (MARKET) THAT LETS YOU CHOOSE THE FIRST SONG EVERYTIME WE START THE MUSIC! THE VOTING JUST STARTED ON OUR WEBSITE AND MOBILE APP, DO YOU WANT TO HEAR LANA DEL REY, BASTILLE, OR TWENTY ONE PILOTS? VOTE NOW — THE WINNER PLAYS IN 5 MINUTES ON (STATION!)
Suggested copy template: THE (STATION) TWOFER TUESDAY WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU. WE CHOOSE THE FIRST SONG BUT THE SECOND ONE IS UP TO YOU. LED ZEPPELIN’S, ‘ROCK AND ROLL’ IS COMING UP,…WHAT DO YOU WANT THE SECOND ZEPPELIN SONG TO BE? VOTE NOW AT (WEBSITE/MOBILE APP).
Have your own ideas or need help getting started?