Nielsen Audio Study Confirms TopicPulse Has Measurable Results in Time Spent With Radio
Nielsen Audio recently conducted a study that correlated ratings of TopicPulse users vs. average stations, and examined whether heavy users of TopicPulse correlated with even higher ratings. Key findings include:
- Stations doing real-time show prep with TopicPulse have 2x higher cume and AQH share in both P18-49 and P25-54 demos compared to average PPM measured stations.
- The more frequently TopicPulse stations use the system, the higher their average cume and AQH share. The ten heaviest users of TopicPulse, based on number of logins and minutes used, had +7.3% higher cume rating and +3% higher AQH share than average TopicPulse users.
- Morning Drive users logged into TopicPulse during the show had 48% higher 6a-10a M-F AQH share than stations that only log in the night before.
The study also determined that morning shows using TopicPulse consistently performed better in AQH share compared to those not using TopicPulse, a finding that was consistent across multiple formats and demos.
Index of AQH Share on TopicPulse client stations vs. average non-TopicPulse client stations during Morning Drive
- Rock / Classic Rock: 131% P18-49, 116% A25-54
- Top 40 / AC: 115% P18-49, 100% A25-54
- Country: 98% P18-49, 85% A25-54
- Urban: 37% P18-49, 22% A25-54
- N/T/S: 12% P18-49, 35% A25-54